News May 9, 2019
There are many reasons why people want to live in Spain. The living conditions, the low prices, the wonderful climate, etc. You may be interested in buying a property on the Costa Blanca in Spain. Living in front of the Mediterranean, like many citizens of northern Europe, who have decided to make the Iberian Peninsula their second place of residence and, in many cases, their permanent residence.
In addition, people living in Europe do not need a visa to work in Spain. On the other hand, people living outside Europe need one if they intend to work or live in Spain.
For its part, Spain has a population of 51 million inhabitants, of which 5 million are foreigners. These are grouped by all the country, but certainly it is the Costa Blanca, and populations like Guardamar, Torrevieja, Altea, etc. the ones in charge of seducing all those Europeans that after a life in cold climates, with grey days and harder conditions, have decided to find their housing in paradise.
Of course, if many foreigners live in Spain, they are also actively buying properties. Spain is a pleasant country with some really strong advantages over its northern neighbours.
At the same time, Spain has created many ways of allowing residence and work permits for people coming fr om outside Spain.
It should be borne in mind that tourism and restaurants are, together with the real estate market, the country's main driving forces. The large foreign population that since the 1980s has begun to arrive with increasing intensity supports an economy that seeks ways to offer the best adaptation to these new citizens.
For this reason, Spain drafted a law aimed at investors, businessmen, highly qualified professionals, researchers and workers who carry out intra-company movements, as well as spouses and children under the age of 18.
There was a first law in 2013 that was adjusted in 2015. The law was created with an acceleration procedure: a response must be given within 10 days for all visas included in the law.
What is the Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa Spain is a special residence visa for investors that allows them to reside for one year in the entire national territory and which is accompanied by a work permit. The Golden Visa Spain also allows the holder to bring his/her relatives, spouse or registered partner, minor children and dependent adult children to Spain.
The residence visa issued by virtue of the present Law constitutes a sufficient title to reside in Spain for one year without the need to process the foreigner's identity document. Renewal would be possible if the period of residence in Spain is longer than six months per year in the case of visas and residence permits for foreign investors or foreign workers.
If you dream of buying a house on the Costa Blanca in Spain but don't know how to get started, don't worry. You've come to ESPHOUSES, and we don't sell houses. We help you to find the perfect property for you, in the best place within the paradise of the Spanish Costa Blanca.
To begin with, we would like to clarify the general requirements for obtaining a visa in Spain:
It is important to note that the possibility of processing the residence visa extends to spouse and children under 18 years, or adults who cannot cover their own needs due to their state of health when they meet or accompany applicants.
Consequently, they may apply, jointly and simultaneously or successively, for a family residence visa on presentation of proof that the abovementioned conditions have been met.
It is not necessary the presence of the applicant, who can apply for and collect the residence visa through a duly accredited representative. It is not necessary to take biometric data.
What are the different types of visas for foreigners wishing to settle in Spain?
There are 7 different types of Visas available if you want to move to Spain. We are going to further develop the Visa for the Acquisition of Real Estate as we believe that it is the most interesting if you are interested in buying a home in Spain.
Residence Visa for Capital Investors, "Residence Visa for Capital Investors" or RIC.
If you make an initial investment of a value equal to or greater than 2 million euros in Spanish public debt securities or a value equal to or greater than 1 million euros in shares or holdings in Spanish companies or deposit banks in Spanish financial institutions.
In addition to the general requirements indicated above, the applicant must accredit having made the investment in the minimum amount required, within a period of no more than 60 days prior to the submission of the application.
Foreigners who can prove that they have acquired real estate in Spain with an investment of €500,000 or more can apply for this visa.
In addition to the general requirements mentioned above, the applicant must demonstrate that he or she has acquired ownership of the property through certification.
This certification must be issued within 90 days prior to the submission of the residence visa application. At ESPHOUSES we offer legal assistance to arrange all these procedures without you, as a buyer, having to worry about anything.
If, at the time of applying for a visa, the purchase of the property is in the process of being registered in the Land Registry, it will suffice to present the certificate of validity of the purchase document, accompanied by the documentation accrediting payment of the corresponding taxes. To carry out all these formalities, our agents will be able to help you so that you only have to take the keys to the house and start enjoying the life you have always dreamed of.
The applicant must prove that they have a property investment of €500,000 free of charges and encumbrances. The portion of the investment that exceeds the required amount may be subject to charges or liens.
It will be done in person or by a duly authorized representative and by prior appointment by email to your consulate (without attachments). Or just let us take care of everything.
2) A recent color photo, with a white background, between 26-35mm wide and 32-45 high.
3) For the Chinese citizen, photocopy of all pages and Spanish translation of the "Hukou".
4) Ordinary passport with a minimum validity of 1 year.
5) Photocopy of all passport pages containing information. (stamps, visas).
6) Criminal record certificate, or equivalent document, in the case of an adult applicant, which must be issued by the authorities of the country of origin or of the country or countries in which he/she has resided during the last five years, translated and legalized (original and copy). This document is valid for 3 months. Must be translated into Spanish.
7) To have a public insurance or a private health insurance arranged with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. (original and photocopy).
8) The documents that accredit sufficient economic means for your subsistence during the time of residence in Spain, including, in your case, that of your family, without the need to develop any work or professional activity. The minimum amount established is 2,130.04 euros per month (400% of the monthly IPREM index, to be consulted in successive years), increasing by 532.51 euros per month (100% of the IPREM) for each member of the family accompanying him/her.
9) Proof that the applicant has acquired the property / real estate / for a minimum value of 500,000 euros by certifying the ownership and charges of the Land Registry corresponding to the property or real estate. If, at the time of the visa application, the acquisition of the property is in the process of being registered in the Land Registry, it will suffice to present the aforementioned certificate in which the registration sheet of the acquisition document is stated, accompanied by the documentation accrediting the payment of the corresponding taxes. The date of the certificate must be earlier than 90 days prior to the submission of the application.
10) For the relatives of these applicants, in addition to the above, to prove the conjugal link or filiation, by marriage certificate or birth certificate in the case of children, translated and legalized. Original and photocopy.
11) For the ancestors of the applicant: points 1 to 7, plus: a) notarized and legalized certificate of kinship b) documents proving that they are in charge of the investor. In case of cohabitation, certificate of the "district community".
The deadline to comply with the requirements and required documentation is 10 working days.
This Consulate General reserves the right to request any additional documentation it deems appropriate.
Visa applications will be resolved and notified within 10 days, it is a fast-track procedure, except in cases provided for by law.
It can be processed by foreigners travelling to Spain as part of an employment, professional or vocational training relationship with a company established in Spain or in another country.
The application for this visa requires the company to carry out the preliminary processing in Spain of a Residence Permit for intra-company transfer, which will be carried out in the Large Companies and Strategic Groups Unit. Its concession will correspond to the General Direction of Migration.
The new Act provides that a legal spouse and children under the age of 18, or children over the age of 18 but who are objectively unable to meet their own needs due to their state of health, accompanying a visa holder, may apply for a residence visa.
In addition to the general requirements mentioned above, they must prove their family relationship.
What are the advantages of having a work visa for Spain?
To be able to work in Spain
Being able to live in Spain
To be able to have your family living in Spain
Enjoy the high quality life of Spain
Obtain social security in Spain if you work in Spain
Access to the European market for your company and yourself
Easier investment in Spain: Business and real estate, tax advantages
If you want to live in Spain but don't know wh ere to settle as a foreigner, check out our home page for the Spanish populations most loved by British, French, German, Russian, etc. foreigners to purchase their homes.
You will also be able to observe in our services such as, trusting ESPHOUSES to buy your house in Spain, you will receive the best treatment and advice so that you only have to worry about enjoying your new home in a fantastic place such as the Costa Blanca.
Your email address will not be published.